Technological advances in the ability to sequence whole exomes and the elucidation of the human genome sequence have provided new insights into the mutational profile characteristics of pancreatic cancer (PC). Whole-exome sequencing (WES) has been successfully applied in cancer studies, including PC. This sequencing technology has been utilized to reveal the clonal evolution of PC and to estimate the timing of pancreatic carcinogenesis. Alfa Oncology is a leading global life sciences company. We are offering PC exome sequencing services designed to help researchers and professionals develop PC drugs and new therapeutic options.
Overview of cancer exome sequencing
Today, high-throughput next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology has dramatically decreased in cost, making genetic testing affordable and cost-effective. The reduced cost of single-base sequencing has promoted WES for studying the pathogenic effects of genetic variation in coding regions. Mounting WES studies have been published, including a large number of cancer exome analyses. Tumor exome sequencing can provide useful information about mutations in coding regions that lead to tumor progression. The sequencing method detects less than 2% of the genetic code and is a more affordable option than whole-genome sequencing (WGS). The datasets generated by exome sequencing are also more manageable than WGS.
The service offering at Alfa Oncology
Exome sequencing targets and evaluates coding regions that contain most likely to contain mutations that affect tumor progression. Alfa Oncology is an integrated research, development, and manufacturing organization providing scientific services, primarily ranging from early discovery and development to preclinical research. We have accumulated rich experience in PC exome sequencing and bioinformatics analysis. We offer one-solution services, ranging from experimental design, library preparation, and sequencing, to variant calling & downstream analysis (such as mutational signature analysis and gene set enrichment analysis). With world-leading technology platforms and professional staff, we can help scientists find more genetic diversity and therapeutic targets for PC.
Advantages of our service
- Fast turnaround and cost-effective, and exome sequencing is the preferred method for many tumor-normal comparative studies
- Capable of successfully enriching samples with limited amounts of DNA
- A method for uniform and specific enrichment of exome
- Reliable identification of coding region variants
How can we help you?
We can help customers achieve the following lists, but are not limited to:
- Investigation of significantly mutated genes in PC
- Investigation of mutated genes associated with PC prognosis
- Study of frequently mutated pathways in PC, such as DNA damage repair, TGF-β signaling, and cell cycle regulation
- Study of genetic diversity in core molecular pathways
- Identification of differential genes in different tumors
WES can provide mutational information that can indicate potential targets for personalized diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, as well as the optimal timing of interventions. If you are interested in our services, please contact us. We are glad to work with you!
- Witkiewicz, Agnieszka K., et al. "Whole-exome sequencing of pancreatic cancer defines genetic diversity and therapeutic targets." Nature communications 6.1 (2015): 1-11.