Cancer stem cells (CSCs) are rare quiescent cells with the ability to self-renew through asymmetric/symmetrical cell division and to differentiate into various cell lines in cancer. More and more evidence supports that CSCs play an important role in cancer recurrence, metastasis, and are even responsible for drug resistance. Therefore, CSCs are potential targets for pancreatic cancer (PC) therapeutic strategies, and efforts are being made to eliminate CSCs. Alfa Oncology is a leading global life sciences company. We are committed to advancing the understanding of the biological behavior and molecular pathways underlying the growth, survival, and metastasis of pancreatic CSCs and to developing new targets and therapeutic approaches for PC.
The service offering at Alfa Oncology
Alfa Oncology has an in-depth understanding of primary PC cell and CSC assays. We are proud to offer pancreatic CSC isolation and characterization service to help our global clients answer important preclinical questions about drug candidate compounds and other therapies. Our pancreatic CSC isolation and characterization services are supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure as well as market-leading technologies.
To meet the need of obtaining sufficient numbers of functional CSC populations, Alfa Oncology offers one-solution services to obtain CSCs from cancer cells. Based on a heterochromatin modulation approach that reprograms cancer cells by modulating chromatin structure using small molecule compounds, our services provide sufficient quantities and relative stability of CSCs and facilitate the success of our global clients in developing CSC-targeted therapeutic programs.
CSCs are a small population of cancer cells with self-regenerative, heterogeneous replicative, tumorigenic and anti-apoptotic abilities. We offer customized and comprehensive pancreatic CSC detection and identification services to meet the specific project needs of our clients, including sphere-forming assays, the detection of surface marker expression, the investigation of stem cell properties of the sphere cells, and chemotherapy resistance, and so on.
How can we help you?
- Promote understanding of pancreatic CSCs and their signaling pathways
- Promote understanding of the biologic behavior and the molecular pathways that regulate growth, survival, and metastasis of pancreatic CSCs
- Promote understanding of the relationship between pancreatic CSCs and other cellular and non-cellular components that constitute the tumor microenvironment
Benefits of our services
- Professional team of scientists and more than ten years of experience in PC cell research
- Customized service to customer satisfaction
- Strictly keep confidential the client's project information and experimental data
- Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day from Monday to Sunday
Alfa Oncology provides optimized services for pancreatic CSC research, ranging from identification and culturing to downstream applications, such as genomic and functional analysis. Whatever the size and complexity of your project, please contact us for a professional, competitively priced solution that fits your needs.
- Zhao, Jiangang, et al. "Targeting cancer stem cells and their niche: current therapeutic implications and challenges in pancreatic cancer." Stem cells international 2017 (2017).
- Patil, Kalyani, et al. "The plasticity of pancreatic cancer stem cells: Implications in therapeutic resistance." Cancer and Metastasis Reviews 40.3 (2021): 691-720.
- Gzil, Arkadiusz, et al. "Markers of pancreatic cancer stem cells and their clinical and therapeutic implications." Molecular biology reports 46.6 (2019): 6629-6645.