Alfa Oncology is a full-scale contract research organization (CRO) with extensive experience. We are committed to providing a range of pancreatic cancer (PC) research and drug development services to our global clients ranging from pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and research institutions. To facilitate the development of your peptide drugs for targeted PC, we now offer flexible and customizable peptide validation and evaluation services, involving physical chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and safety assessment.
Our infrastructure and expertise
Our peptide drug validation and evaluation platform leverages peptide-related academic knowledge to support the preclinical development of targeted PC candidate peptide drugs. The platform is composed of specialists in pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, analytical chemistry, and toxicology, utilizing advanced equipment including innovative cellular assays and the combined use of tailored animal models.
- Flow cytometry, mitochondrial membrane potential evaluation, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA),and western blot (WB)
- High-throughput and high-content analysis compatible with 3D cell culture
- Access to patient-derived primary cells (e.g. PC tumor cells, and PC fibroblasts)
- Genetically engineered mouse models and xenograft models of PC
- A range of high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) instruments
- Qualitative and quantitative image analytics for pathology studies
- Hematology and biochemical analysis equipment
- Advanced vivarium with imaging instruments and animal activity meters
The service offering at Alfa Oncology
- Peptide physical chemistry analysis
Analyzing the physical and chemical properties of peptides is an important fundamental part of the early stages of peptide drug discovery, guiding the drug discovery team to identify compounds with optimal efficacy, PK, and safety. We offer peptide drug physiochemical analysis, including but are not limited to turbidimetric solubility, thermodynamic solubility, chemical stability, chemical purity, etc.
- Peptide bioanalytics and formulation analysis
Bioanalysis and formulation analysis plays an essential role in determining the concentration of various pharmacodynamic biomarkers, metabolites, and biological fluids in peptide drug discovery and development. We offer endotoxin control, solubility testing, and TFA removal services based on our best-in-class technology.
- Peptide targeting assessment in vitro and in vivo
Fluorescence imaging and flow cytometry are employed to assess the targeting property of the selected peptides in vitro. In addition, we can also evaluate the binding affinity of peptides to PC cells in vivo using an in vivo imaging system.
- Effect of the peptides on PC cells and mitochondria
To assess the toxic effects of the peptide on PC cells, an MTT assay is employed. In addition, we usually use flow cytometry, mitochondrial membrane potential assessment and WB to determine the mechanism of peptide action on cancer cells.
- Effect of the peptides on PC tumor growth in vivo
We evaluate the inhibitory effect of the peptide on tumor growth in nude mice by using the relative tumor growth rate (T/C) combined with the change in body mass.
- Systemic toxicity in vivo
To assess the toxicity of the peptide to the body, we measure hematological parameters (WBC, RBC, PLT, and HGB) and liver enzymes (ALT and AST) in nude mice, followed by a sampling of vital organ tissues for sectioning, HE staining, and analysis.
Alfa Oncology can meet the needs of our global clients by providing peptide drug validation and evaluation services on time and on budget. Our highly skillful and dedicated researchers are dedicated to advancing your PC targeting peptide drug program. If you are interested in our services, please contact us.